Job Description :
Justerinis & Brooks - www.justerinis.com , was established in 1749 and is widely regarded as one of the world’s leading fine wine and spirits merchants, known for the quality of its portfolio and service. It has held a Royal Warrant for supplying wine and spirits to each British monarch since 1761. The company has sales offices in London, Edinburgh and Hong Kong and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Diageo PLC - www.diageo.com - the world’s leading premium drinks business. Justerini & Brooks has dedicated sales divisions that focus on servicing Private Clients, On-Trade and Off-Trade (including Luxury Retail)
Wholesale and Retail is a rapidly growing sales division for Justerini & Brooks and now encompasses Diageo’s Reserve spirits and whiskies, exclusive GB distribution of J&B Rare Scotch Whisky and Pimm’s No 6 together with J&B’s extensive fine wine portfolio.
The successful candidate will work with the National Agency Manager and J&B Marketing team to execute a commercial strategy designed to elevate distribution and increase sales of these products
- Shows energy, commitment and courage in approach and the confidence to challenge current ways of working.
- Displays and encourages in others a real commitment to customers’ needs and passion for J&B’s portfolio and values.
- An adaptable and positive approach to new challenges and changes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical skills are required.
- Demonstrates key leadership behaviours:
- Creates possibilities.
- Creates the conditions for others to succeed.
- Consistently delivers great performance as an individual and through the team.
- Creates great relationships that are honest, open and respect the individual capabilities of others.
- Grow yourself through self awareness.
- Full P&L responsibility; achieve challenging performance targets by both developing existing and generating new business in the UK off-trade channel
- Internally and externally, acting as a passionate ambassador for our brands in the on and off-trade
- Working with the National Agency Manager and Marketing team to further elevate distribution and devise and implement an effective and sustainable strategy for the J&B Rare brand.
- Effectively engage with internal stakeholders in the sales and marketing teams to ensure all relevant opportunities for both positioning and commercial success are fully exploited
- Organise and lead in-market tastings and activation; be a great ambassador for our portfolio and be able to talk knowledgeably and passionately about the brand to buyers and consumers
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Established experience in the UK drinks industry
- Strong, proven commercial sense, and an ability to interpret market trends and developments.
- Ability to build brilliant partnerships with key stakeholders within Justerini & Brooks and Diageo.
- An outgoing personality, strong interpersonal and persuasive communication skills; ability to engage brilliantly with groups of trade customers and consumers
- Strong organisational skills and ability to be adaptable and work independently are essential.
- Ability to build relationships that could lead to development of new accounts.
- Good university degree desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of and passion for spirits is critical.
- Ability to build genuine and effective relationships with people at all levels.
- Extensive use of PC applications: MS Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Proven track record in a fast paced, customer facing environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
You will be both office and field-based, ideally in or near London. You will be meeting and building relationships with principals from both existing and prospective accounts in London and nationally.
Worker Type :
J&B St James Street